We coordinate the technical standardization activities regarding explosives. The term explosives in this mind comprises of explosives for civil use, propellants, blasting accessories and pyrotechnics of all categories (fireworks F1-F4,theatrical pyrotechnic articles T1-T2 and other pyrotechnic articles including automotive P1-P2).
Our tasks are:
1. Participation to the standardization activities regarding pyrotechnics on national, European and international levels (International Organization for Standardization – ISO,European Committee for Standardization – CEN and German Institute for Standardization – DIN):
- CEN/TC 212/WG 1 Fireworks of category F1 - F3
- CEN/TC 212/WG 2 Fireworks of category F4
- CEN/TC 212/WG 3 Theatrical pyrotechnic articles T1 and T2
- CEN/TC 212/WG 4 Other pyrotechnic articles for automotive P1-P2
- CEN/TC 212/WG 5 Other pyrotechnic articles P1 and P2
- NA 062-08-81 AA Pyrotechnic articles
- ISO/TC 261 Fireworks (WG1-4)
2. Participation to the standardization activities regarding explosives for civil use on national and European levels(European Committee for Standardization – CEN and German Institute for Standardization – DIN):
- CEN/TC 321 WG2 High explosives
- CEN/TC 321 WG3 Detonating cords and safety fuses
- CEN/TC 321 WG4 Detonators and relays
- CEN/TC 321 WG5 WG5 Propellants and rocket propelants
- NA 062-08-98 AA Explosivstoffe für zivile Zwecke
3. Pre-normative research for a continuous improvement of test and assessment methods within Ph.D.,master and bachelor theses, as well as trainee projects.
4. Implementation of Standards in appropriate apparatuses and procedures.
5. Regular review of standards regarding effectivities and practical application.
We support the DIN regarding the technical work on these matters and maintain contactsto various international and European institutes with comparable tasks.
A detailed list of the harmonized standards is available for download: