The BAM List
Since 1989 the BAM List has been the basis for BAM's substance-related prototype approvals for tank containers and portable tanks designed for the carriage of dangerous goods. Since 2013 this has been applied also to prototype approvals for demountable tanks and fixed tanks (tank-vehicles). In addition, the list is used as a knowledge source for rail tank-waggons. Furthermore, it serves as a reference for the material related evaluation of other types of containments carrying dangerous goods.
BAM List contains especially dangerous goods that are permitted for carriage in tanks. Because of their special requirements, substances of class 1 and 7 are not contained in this list, with few exceptions.
BAM List is available in two versions: as single user standalone or multi user network.
- Substance enquiry in the dangerous good regulations ADR, RID and IMDG Code
- Approx. 8,000 substance entries
- Material resistance data of metallic materials (e. g. austenitic chromium-nickel steel (CrNi) and austenitic chromium-nickel-molybdenum steel (CrNiMo)) and polymeric materials (e. g. polyethylene (PE)
- Comparison of land and sea transport in the detail view
- Coloured emphasis of differences between ADR and RID in land transport
- Sort and filter functionality in tables, e. g. by class, aggregate state, flash point
Create substance lists as pdf documents for:
- Bulk containers
- Material resistance
- Creation of compatibility lists without consideration of containments (also for gases and a subset of non dangerous goods)
- Multilingualism (change between German and English)
- Operating system Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- 220 MB free disk space
New in BAM List 2017
14th edition, published on 27th June 2017
- Current regulations: ADR 2017, RID 2017, IMDG Code (Amendment 38-16)
- 160 new substance entries
- Updated material resistance data
- New tank material: nickel based alloy 2.4816 (alloy 600)
- Possibility to filter the substance lists by flash point
- Explanation of the codes of the conditions of a material resistance evaluation in the pdf-file
Download a demo version (see below under "Pulications") for free to test BAM List.
The demo versions include the functionality of the full versions but with less substances.
Orders and prices
You can order BAM List via BAM Webshop. There you find the prices and further information.
Further information, please see the flyers under "Publications".